Elden Ring Update 1.03 includes new features, fixes, and balance changes
Elden Ring Update 1.03 has just been released for all platforms, bringing new features and numerous bug fixes.
The new patch adds additional elements to the game, including new quest stages, additional summonable NPCs, a new feature to record an icon and an NPC’s name on the map, nightly background music for some open field locations, and more.
Additionally, Elden Ring’s latest update features numerous bug fixes and balance changes. For the full list of changes, see the official release notes for this update below:
Elden Ring Update 1.03 Release Notes PC/PS5/PS4/Xbox Series/Xbox One
Added additional items
- Added a feature to record an icon and an NPC’s name on the map when you encounter that NPC.
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
- Added new quest stages for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
- Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
- Increased the number of patterns of objects that the player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
- Added night background music for some open fields.
fault has been corrected
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss fights.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the player from getting items after a boss fight.
- Fixed a bug that caused dialog to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom button configurations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to freeze while driving.
- Fixed a bug that caused Arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
- A talisman pouch has been added to the Twin Maiden Husks shop line in situations where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping off the map to Places of Mercy at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after fighting the fire giant.
- Fixed a bug that caused some weapons to have incorrect scaling after buffing.
- Fixed a bug that caused some weapons not to use stat scaling.
- Fixed hangs on certain occasions.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly displayed the boundaries of the multiplayer area when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to activate Earth Tree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack with a special item and summon combination.
- Fixed a bug that caused summoning the Deadly Sin of Fire to have a different effect.
- Fixed a bug with Ashes of War, Resolve, and Royal Knight’s Resolve where the damage buff would also apply to other weapons without this skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of the Invisible Form spell.
- The Ragged Armor Set that was erroneously available in the previous patch has been removed from the game.
- Fixed a bug that caused some enemy NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused visual animations and hitboxes to not display correctly on some maps.
- Fixed bugs that caused some enemies to display and behave incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect stat parameters on some armor.
- text corrections.
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes.
- Forgestone drop rate has been increased for some enemies.
- Smithing Stone has been added to some early game stores.
- Shield effectiveness has been increased.
- Increased damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
- Damage for the following items has been increased: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
- The following items have had their duration increased: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
- Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisins/Sweet Raisins/Frozen Raisins
- Reduced FP consumption and increased damage of the following hexes: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
- The damage of the following hexes has been increased: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
- Decreased FP consumption of the following hexes: Star Shower/Stoneblaster/Hammer of Haima/Foundation Rain of Stars/Stars of Doom/Phalanx of Greatblade/Magic Downpour/Loretta’s Greatbow/Loretta’s Mastery/Karian Greatsword/Karian Piercer/Shard Spiral
- Great Glintstone Shard projectile speed and range increased
- Reduced the damage of Ashes of War, Rime Stomp, and the increase in cast time.
- Ash of War, Bloody Slash’s self-deal damage has been increased while the damage has been slightly reduced and the cast time increased.
- Decreased weapon skill, damage from Night Sword and Flame.
- Increased FP consumption and reduced duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
- The timing of the FP consumption of Ashes of War, Prelate’s Onslaught has been changed.
- Reduced the damage of the summoned spirit when using the Mimic Tear Ash item and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
- Other enemy and weapon balance changes
Elden Ring is available now worldwide for PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. As reported earlier this week, From Software’s hit title has already sold over 12 million copies since its global launch last month.