Boil eggs – that’s how it works
- How long do eggs have to cook?
- Hard boil eggs – duration and shelf life
- Do you have to quench eggs after cooking?
- What to do so that the eggs do not burst during cooking?
- Boil eggs for many people
How long do eggs have to cook?
To boil the eggs , bring water to the boil in a saucepan. Then carefully add the eggs – for example using a tablespoon. Now set the egg timer and cook according to the desired doneness. For a size M egg at refrigerator temperature, the following cooking times apply:
- 4 minutes – the egg white has coagulated, the yolk is still quite runny.
- 5 minutes – the egg white is firm, the yolk has a soft core.
- 7 minutes – the egg white and yolk are firm, but the yolk in the middle is still creamy and soft as wax.
- 10 minutes – the egg is hard-boiled and completely cutable.
Hard boil eggs – duration and shelf life
A size M egg is hard-boiled after 10 minutes. However, if you want to take your hard-boiled eggs with you, for example to a picnic or a party , it is better to boil the eggs for 12 minutes. You can store hard-boiled eggs in the refrigerator for several weeks. However, make sure that the eggshell does not have any cracks!